flowers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Brotherly Love

Yesterday's blog made me sad. It made me think Trey is so much more than just a sick baby-he is the light of my life-well along with Ryne :) We are still working on my theory as to why Trey seems to get sick a lot, I will keep you upated.

I LOVE my kids!! They are so great and I am going to miss Ryne so much when I am in Chicago for 4 days. Luckily I have a lot of family support so I know he will be in good hands...once we figure out whose hands ;)-More on that later.

Ryne is in love with his brother and wants to "play" with him 24/7, and whenever Stephan or I are feeding him or changing him Ryne makes sure to tell us "just leave Trey here-I will take care of him!!" And EVERYTIME Trey sees Ryne his face lights up in the most beautiful smile. If you are a FTM or only have one child you won't understand this 'til it happens but when it does you begin to think you are doing something right. It makes me feel that in a world with so much negativity and hatred I am raising positive children who will change the world for the better. Maybe this is idealistic but it def. gets me through the day. Seeing your children love each other is quite possibly one of the most gratifying experiences in life. Don't get me wrong I know at one point in their lives they will fight like all siblings do (I am speaking from experience, my little brother was my punching bag and took the blame for everything I could think of) but when push comes to shove they will love each other and have each other's back!! Right now I KNOW my brothers would do ANYTHING for me-and that is a great feeling!!






This is playday at my house-Ryne brings all of Trey's toys to the living room and enetertains him for about an hour:
This is what I see throughout the playtime:



Aren't they beautiful!!









3 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! I LOVE it when Blake just randomly goes to Mason and kisses him on his head... or when he lays down next to him and talks to him ("Hi my Masers!"). It really is one of the best things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. My friend at work has two little girls (almost 3 and almost 2). He was just saying how the littlest one doesn't speak very clearly yet and sometimes when they have trouble understanding her the older one will say something like "Daddy she wants a drink..." or whatever. It's so cool because they understand each other even when the grown ups don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are as sweet as they can be. I remember the days when Justin as a toddler would be so fussy at night, that I would just move him out of his bed and put a quilt on the living room floor trying to get him to sleep. I would be up and down with him all night and finally he would just give up and go to sleep around 6:00 when Ed would be leaving for work. I thought to myself...I can't do this every night. I didn't know why he would go to sleep around 8:00 and wake up at ll:00 and would not go back to sleep until the early morning. well, just as he started this ritual, it ended one night when I realized that we had both slept through the night...and that never happened again. I remember doing alot of praying. Tawnya you are an awesome mom and just remember that what you are going through with Trey will pass. He is such a cutie and Ryne is so polite and sweet.

    ReplyDelete