flowers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Off to buy a rocking chair...

I haven't blogged since the surgery, I really haven't felt like it or had the energy. This recovery is hard, on the whole family. Trey is in pain and makes it quite obvious, my heart breaks for him. I am told every day it should get better and better, yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. Trey cried all day and slept a total of 5 hours in 24 hours. We were both exhausted and I could not make him feel better. Stephan was sleeping because he was supposed to go to work at night( I had to veto that idea-I NEEDED help) but it actually worked out well. He stayed up all night so I could sleep and he could take care of Trey. Ryne has been great. My mom had him for 3 days (Wed., Thurs., and Fri.) so Stephan and I could focus on Trey's recovery (thanks Randma!!). By the 3rd night he wanted his mommy and was becoming a little difficult. I went and picked him up and brought him home, he has been doing very well. He is not getting a lot of attention and I am constantly telling him we have to keep things quiet and calm (not very easy for a 4 year old, well at least this four year old.)

Today has actually been a lot better, Trey is only crying when he needs to go to sleep-this is where the rocking chair comes in. There was on in the hospital room, and Stephan and I realized what we had been missing out on. He was so much easier to put to sleep and keep asleep. My back is constantly going out from bouncing him to sleep, so we NEED to invest in a rocking chair/glider. I figure it is the cost equivalent to 5 chiropractor appointments (and I have already been 3 times) so we have to figure out how to budget it in. I can't let Trey cry it out and put himself to sleep b/c he holds his breath ( and now tries to pick at his staples) so we are left to bounce/sway him to sleep and then put him down. If anyone has suggestions we are all ears!!

We are continuing to pray that Trey continues to heal and gets better every day, and that Ryne remains as understanding as he possible can. We are scheduled to get the staples out of his head and behind his ear in 2 weeks (this is an appointment I def. can not be in the room for so Stephan is taking the lead on this one...) We truly thank everyone for their continued prayers and support!!

Unrelated-Ryne will be starting soccer in August-this boy LOVES to run so we hope this is a good fit for him :)
BTW: I will post pics later, my camera broke so I am using one we found around the house and now I need to find a memory stick adaptor...Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to send you some ((((hugs)))) and prayers for a speedy recovery for Trey and comfort for you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An idea on the sleep rocking swaying thing...if you can beg/borrow/steal one my friend had one of those massager things you put on an office chair (that massages your back that had a vibration setting). Well when their baby was younger and fussy they put it UNDER the crib mattress and made sure the cords were out of the way and it provided a little movement on the mattress AND the humming noise was soothing. They used it for a few weeks when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tons and tons of prayers still coming your way, Tawnya! When you get a minute, could you shoot me your address? We gots a little somethin' for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that this has been so hard on all of you. I am hoping Trey continues to improve and that he feels a little better everyday.

    I can't wait to see him again so him and Nathan can play happily together.

    ReplyDelete